Today’s organizations feature fewer management layers and emphasize individual responsibility. Successful delegation and empowerment relies on effective coaching.
This Coaching & Mentoring training course focuses on the methods by which managers develop the performance of individuals in their organizations.
At the end of this coaching and mentoring course participants will learn about:
- Coaching to improve individual performance
- The relationship between coaching and other performance management techniques
- The key coaching styles (input and output)
- The coaching process and skills
- The role of the mentor and mentoring programs
The course will be highly participative involving individual and small group work including role plays, discussions, etc.
- Coaching styles: Input and output coaching
- Coaching in the context of other performance development techniques
- Applications for coaching
- Coaching Process: A coaching model
- Developing empathy
- Questioning techniques
- Putting coaching into practice
- Mentoring: Structuring a Mentoring program to give benefits to the company and individuals involved
- Who needs mentoring and who makes a good mentor?
- Responsibilities, skills and overcoming problems
- Defining and developing the mentoring relationship