One of the most exciting things in the world is to learn how to communicate effectively on an interpersonal basis. What most people don’t realize is that all of our behaviors, not just our speaking and listening, communicate something. Therefore, everything we do and say influences our relationships with others and drives them towards or away from the desired reaction that we want from them.
This workshop focuses on the specific techniques and behaviors that will make delegates more effective in their relationships with others. These skills can be used to build confidence in each person to achieve a higher level of success regardless of current role or responsibility.
This course is designed to enable you to assess your current approach to communication and to equip you with the necessary interpersonal knowledge, skills and behaviors to be a more effective communicator.
The course will be highly participative involving individual and small group work including role plays, discussions, etc.
The structure of the program can vary to meet the particular needs of the group. The most effective structure is a modular one based on the principles of action learning. In outline the course program consists:
- Setting the Scene: What constitutes effective interpersonal capability
- The contribution of interpersonal skills in personal impact and influence
- Making a Good Start (I): Understanding Yourself
- Making a Good Start (II): Understanding Others
- Ensuring Success (I): Rapport building
- Ensuring Success (II): Knowing what you want
- Ensuring Success (III): Problem solving
- Diagnosis – Understanding the real problem
- Listening and questioning
- Visioning – Establishing the change needed
- Power of positive thinking
- Self-limiting belief systems
- Maintaining good relationships
- Action Planning the application of the program learning
- Establishing follow-up learning needs.
In this course we will explore options, develop essential skills building your confidence and capability in the process. By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Maximize your interpersonal capability and impact
- Enhance your communication ability
- Think in different ways
- Apply new communications skills and techniques
- Adopt different, more effective approaches to people and problems
- Plan, carry out and review the effectiveness of your interpersonal interventions.